Here is some fresh info from a recent Witcher 3 Q&A session:
- Witcher 3’s item crafting will be similar to Witcher 2. To craft items, you will need a blueprint and the required materials, which you will then use at a blacksmith. Different items require different skill levels from the smiths and the higher level smiths might need to be unlocked through for example a quest.
- As in the previous games, you will be able to create all sorts of potions through Alchemy. Just like with crafting, you will need both a recipe and the given ingredients. Also, potions will have multiple charges (3) , and will be refillable.
- Tons of new combat animations (over 100)
- You can choose to shave or keep Geralt’s beard (super important of course 🙂 )
- Like in Witcher 2, you can meditate almost anywhere
- You will be able to transfer your story/progress from TW2 by speaking to a character that sings about your deeds in-game
- There will be many “leisure” activities in the game, some old (dice games, fist-fighting) and some new (horse-riding, card games, others)
Nothing really earth-shattering in this list, but it is nice to get at least a few details.
I’ve been playing PC games since the late 1990s and have always enjoyed RPGs the most (Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Elder Scrolls, WoW, Dark Souls, etc.). I had tons of fun playing Witcher 3 so I made this website for discussion, guides, and other info related to the Witcher game, books, and cinematic universe. Hopefully, you find something useful or interesting!